Wednesday, September 15, 2010
MeetingMatrix Continues Education Development – Filling In Another Piece to the Event Industry Puzzle
At the end of August, MeetingMatrix announced the appointment of an Advisory Board to the MeetingMatrix Meeting and Event Technology Laboratory (The MET LAB) at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh.
The Advisory Board -- they’re listed below -- will play a key role in curriculum development for a college level course for the Technology of Event Planning and Management. The course curriculum will be offered free to all institutions of higher learning. It’s worth noting that the Advisory Board is an international blend of professionals from business and academia.
This latest step forward by MeetingMatrix demonstrates its commitments to education and its creativity in the marketplace.
There’s uncounted numbers of software development companies in the world today. I’m fairly certain that few have made the financial and resource commitment to education that we have.
Now it’s true that this is not a completely altruistic act – our software is highlighted. However, the end result is that our CEO, Jmîchaeĺe Keller, and the company, are building something of value for the entire hospitality industry. We’re helping establish professionalism and training tomorrow’s workforce.
In addition, this effort reflects our global orientation. We’re a company headquartered in the US. We’re working with a University in the UK. The lead researcher is a PhD Candidate from Taiwan.
This is another highlight of a brand that continues to piece together the global event planning marketplace.
Members of the Advisory Board:
* Mr. Vincent Alonzo, Editor-in-Chief, Meeting News
* Mr. Corbin Ball, Consultant , Author, and Speaker, Corbin Ball Associates
* Mr. Tim Campbell, Global Partner & Channel Relations, Dean Evans
* Mr. Joe DeVore, Director of Solutions Hotel Systems for MGM Resorts International, MGM Resorts International
* Mr. Tom Eisner, Conference Coordinator, Tastefully Simple
* Professor Andy Frew, Professor, School of Business, Enterprise and Management, Queen Margaret University
* Mr. Glenn Haussman, Adjunct Professor, Tisch Hospitality School, New York University
* Dr. David Jones, Associate Professor, School of Hotel and Tourism Management, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
* Dr. Curtis Love, Associate Professor , Harrah Hotel College, University of Nevada at Las Vegas
* Professor Ian Miller, Professor, Ecole Hotelier de Lausanne
* Mr. Fraser Muir, Director of Information Services, Queen Margaret University
* Dr. Glenn Ramsborg, Les Roches School of Hospitality Management, Kendall College
* Ms. Michelle Russell, Editor-in-Chief, Convene Magazine
* Dr. Kimberly Severt, Rosen College of Hospitality Management, University of Central Florida
* Mr. Tran Truong, Director of Convention Services, Seaport Hotel and Seaport World Trade Center
Sr. Marketing Manager